Monday, September 3, 2012

Serendipity

At times I'm astounded by the creations I make. I seldom have a plan in my head of what I'm going to do and I just start making a background. When that's done I don't always know where I'm going next, but the pieces come together...slowly. This is one of those pieces. I wanted to use my Dyan Reavely border stencils so I went ahead and inked it with Forest Moss Distress Ink. That was it....the brain had nothing more to add. I was stuck with some pretty color that kind of looked like water, and a mossy green leaf border.

Don't EVER let anyone stop you from clipping pictures and saving them! Just do it, and don't throw them out! You never know when you'll need help to spark an idea, and that pile of clippings that's been sitting there for a year? It just may have the answer!

I knew she was perfect for this page as soon as I saw her. She looked like she could walk on water and I just happened to have some! Then I was stumped again until I found my birdcage stencil. Mind you, this all took about a week to come together. In the meantime, I was working on other pages, doing other things, while this page put itself together.

And that, my friends, is called serendipity. "The accident of finding something good or useful while not specifically searching for it".

Background done with Dylusions Ink Spray and Luscious Leaves stencil border. Miscellaneous stamps.