Friday, September 7, 2012

Isn't she cute? She's a Gorjuss stamp and her name is Ruby. There are so many cute stamps out there, and try as you might, you're going to get hooked on one of them! I have four Gorjuss stamps and I'm pretty sure there will be more.

Ruby helped save a page that I hated. I don't remember what was on the page before, but I'm pretty sure it was done with Ranger Color Wash, and I covered it up with Pan Pastels. I really like the pan pastels, haven't learned how to use them very well but they sure do cover a multitude of sins. The only problem is when you mix two mediums together like that, you sometimes end up with a funky color. I did this a while ago so I don't remember what colors I used exactly, but when I sprayed the hearts/flowers stencil (color wash on pan pastel)...they came out green. Ew. So I took some gesso and painted over the green...they turned blue. Oh. But it was okay! I was totally "good with it". Even after I put the border down the center of the page, I was good with it.