Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I got a Nikon camera, I love to take a photograph...so mama


Wow. Look at that. A brand new Nikon D40 and it's all mine. I was almost afraid to take it out of the box. I never had a camera with removable lenses before, they scared me. I remember always watching people with those types of cameras, how careful they treated them, how they barely breathed when they changed lenses....it was like the most fragile thing in the world, and it cost a lot of money. I remember my brother-in-law losing his lens cap at Disneyland and how upset he was. We went to the lost and found and they brought out a HUGE box of lost lens caps for him to choose a replacement from. I just know I'm going to lose a lens cap.

So why this camera? Because it's small and comfortable (according to the reviews I read, and they turned out to be true), because the price was right - I got a great deal at Ritz Camera.com, and because it's a Nikon. I've had a Nikon camera before and I really liked it, so when all of my comparison shopping led me to the Canon Rebel or the Nikon, I chose the Nikon. I swear to you, I was NOT influenced in any way by Paul Simon.



Disclaimer: I did not take the picture above. I stole it. I don't have a clue how to use this thing.