Sunday, March 2, 2008

It's March already!

Nothing spectacular happened in February but it sure went fast...and here, in the desert, it's spring! Today is a chilly 73 degrees...it was in the 80's during the week, and just a week ago it was snowing. I'm curious about how the summer will affect me when I have no direct sunlight on my patio. I miss it. I was pretty cold all winter long because I didn't have the sun to warm my place like I would normally have. I like the sun, I like facing south with sun going over my patio during the day. They told me if I was going to live here year round that I should face north....I believed them, and I was freezing my butt off all winter. So now I want to move to a south facing apartment....which could be a living hell but I don't know that. Heck, once it's 100 degrees, what difference does it make?

So when I arrived home on Friday I had a note on my door from the manager. They want to talk to me about renewing my lease. Mind you, I've only been here for 6 months and I have a one year lease. They certainly plan ahead! Actually, I'm thinking they plan for the big fallout when all of the summer people (snowbirds) leave town. I can't wait to see what they offer me to renew early....but that would mean that I won't have a whole year here to decide if I want to stay in this particular unit or not. I love my place, I really do....I just want the sun to shine on my head! I guess we'll soon find out.

That's it. I'll be back later with some thoughts about my blog and scrapbooking.