Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Dedra Long


dedra's altered book 13
Originally uploaded by Noell
I love this book. I want this book. This is the kind of book that makes me want to sit and slowly turn the pages, while my eyes absorb every beautiful ribbon and trinket adorned there. To me, this is a BEAUTIFUL book, and creating beautiful books is something that Dedra Long just happens to be very good at.

Some people have a knack for putting a lot of stuff together in a way that is pleasing to the eye. I've tried to embellish pages this way and I can tell you, it's not as easy as it looks if it doesn't come naturally. My pages looked messy, uninviting and unattractive....overdone. Dedra's are just right. So I will learn yet to enjoy my own conservative style, while I admire the free spirit of Dedra's books.