Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hey, I like this one...



I LIKE THIS LAYOUT! I think it's cool... Yes, I made it! However, I totally copied the style of Iggydodie


I've been looking at her layouts for so long that I finally decided to scraplift her style and try one on for size. If you check her gallery out at Two Peas, you 'll see that quite a few people have copied her style....no great surprise to me, I've been wanting to do it for a year. I've tried from time to time but always gave up...until I really started to look at the construction of her layouts. It's not just the embellishments that she uses so well, but the paper and the colors that she blends together. She usually only uses three major colors.....in embellies and papers. How hard can that be? Especially when I have this entire block of coordinated printed paper, cardstock, and embellishments. So here I am, staring at a layout of Iggydodie's, and wondering how she decides where to place the paper, where to place the embellies, where to place the pictures. You know, kind of like scrapbooking 101. Geez....so, I said the heck with it. Nike* the damn thing and get it over with.


And I did.

And this is it.

And I like it.

And I hope I can make more just like it.


*Nike="Just do it"