Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Doodle!

Way back in November, I took a Creative Doodling class with Traci Bautista. Did I blog about it....? I'm not sure....I know I've mentioned that I can't doodle worth a doodle, and that I flunked the class, but I certainly didn't post any doodles, at least not ones created by moi. Even with Traci starting the doodle for you, I had a hard time getting it. It was a great course, well worth the money, and Traci is fabulous. I just didn't think it worked for me.

ANYWAY, I pulled out one of the sketchbooks I have and found some doodles I had done...doodles I did....sounds odd either way! Hey, they weren't half bad for a grown woman! Any kid could do better but it's been a long time since I was a kid. And since I seem to have found this new sense of I-don't-give-a-damn, I think I'm going to post them. I hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I did making them because I have lots more!


These were done in combinations of regular crayon, watercolor crayon, markers and Tulip fabric paint. This was just to get us used to doodling. It wasn't until I started using color rather than plain black marker that I started to like them.




Background was sprayed with Glimmer Mist just for the color. I thought if I didn't shake it up I wouldn't have much glimmer, and I didn't.


I need to go back and outline the flower in this one so it can be seen. The stem of the flower turns into an arrow and pierces the heart.