Sunday, August 7, 2011

Calendar Art


I read an article in the Fall issue of Artful Blogging, by Kate Crane, about an online calendar challenge. One look at that calendar and I was hooked. I wanted to make one right then and there. The Flickr site was like a chocolate factory to me....one creative calendar after another. The colors, the designs, the little drawings and squiggles, the backgrounds and stamps. A visual vat of yumminess! I don't know how many times I went to the Flickr site but it was a LOT. I just couldn't get enough of all that goodness!

I spent most of the day Thursday thinking and planning how I would make a calendar, and then proceeded to put one together that looked nothing like what was in my head. But I did it and I'm moving forward with it. It was fun to make, I have all month to play with it, and I can't wait to make one for September!

Each month Kate starts a new post for the calendar. Check this one out for the end of July/beginning August. All you do is join in with a link to your blog or to Flickr. Easy peasy. If you want to join the challenge, hop on over and read all about it! It's a year long challenge, but you don't have to join in every month, and you can begin whenever you want to! I like this!