Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Wow....laid off

Be careful what you wish for. I wanted to retire so bad...and now I'm forced into it. Just like that....poof! My job is up in smoke, my substantial paycheck is gone, my life will never be the same...JUST LIKE THAT.

I'd pretty much decided I was going to do it anyway...but that would have been four months from now...maybe even six. Four months of paychecks would make me debt free and able to retire without too much pain in the pocketbook. So I can't collect social security for 4 months....I'll survive.

I wasn't the least bit surprised when I saw my boss walking across the parking lot. There was no reason for him to be there...two hours from his homebase. Things have been really slow, I've been really bored....one of the reasons why I've been contemplating retirement. I even told him why he was there..."you're letting me go"...so incredibly sad....so final. The shock of it all. What will I do with this phase of my life now? I don't have to go to work tomorrow. Or the next day. Or ever.

Maybe I'll scrap.