Saturday, December 15, 2007

The snowbirds have returned....

I can't believe there are only 10 days till Christmas! It hit me this morning when I was getting ready to go out....I figured I'd better get out there before the roads clogged up with little old ladies in Jaguars.

I didn't really notice it at first, it was so subtle. Then there were more people at the grocery store than usual. There was more traffic during the week. But now the main roads are filled with cars....BIG cars.....big expensive cars, and classic Thunderbirds, Bentleys, and Jaguars....lots of Jaguars. They drive them like they're tanks....they just keep moving forward while everyone else gets out of their way. Honestly, you definitely need to keep your eyes open out there. The parking lots are worse than the streets. They double park everywhere, back up without looking, and you can never be sure they'll stop when they're supposed to. The Michael's parking lot is packed solid.......SOLID. That place is like playing dodge'm cars....it gets my blood pressure up and pisses me off. I know I shouldn't complain because I don't have all that many years before I join them.....only I won't be driving a Bentley or a Jaguar....more like a Ford or a Chevy.


This is my latest addiction...Starbuck's Mocha Frappuccino's.....yum! I get hot mocha latte's in the morning and cold fraps in the afternoon. ("That's not coffee....it's diabetes on ice" ... the Women's Murder Club). So about 3 months ago I started buying these little 4 packs at the grocery store and taking them to work for a nice afternoon pick me up. Then I found a picture of them on another blog....they'd been altered and I thought they were just so cute! So I started altering some of my own.




Aren't they adorable? I wanted to send some to all of the guys I used to work with in Orange County, but I got started too late and just sent them to the girls. I love the Mocha Frappuccino's but I can't drink them quickly enough to satisfy my Christmas list.