Tuesday, December 18, 2007



December 21st...the shortest day of the year. Yayyyy! I want longer days...I want more daylight! I want sunshine! I want, I want, I want. Well, it's the season for wants so I will continue to want.....I want peace....that's a big one, especially since peace is temporary at best. I want a better body, or at least one that's in better shape. I want a better brain....I think mine is going to mush. I want my old eye sight back and I want my hormones back! Sheesh, is that too much to ask for?

I received a Christmas card today from Sheri. She included a picture of the kids and I was blown away by how old they are. Yesterday I received a card from Karl & Deb with a picture of Bryan who's off at college. These kids aren't just grown up, but ADULT grown up. It makes me feel SO OLD.... but what a good looking bunch they are. The boys are so handsome, and Kelly is just beautiful....and a new mom herself. Yep, I'm feeling really old. I'm a great grand-aunt or something like that. I think it's grandmother...grandaunt. Great grandmother, great grandaunt. So that's what I'm claiming as my title...Great Grandaunt. Ha!

This statue is at the corner of Cook Street and 42nd Street in Palm Desert, about a block from work. For Halloween they put a witch's hat on him...and now for Christmas, he's Santa. A little small town humor and I love it.