Friday, November 23, 2007

...

Autumn Text - http://www.autumntext.com


I hope your day was as enjoyable as mine! Jim brought Sal and Don to the desert for Thanksgiving dinner, along with his three kids....Yay!!! To my surprise I got hugs and kisses from all three of the kids when they arrived! Even from the Tim Man!
I was thrilled with that and even more thrilled to welcome everyone into my new desert home. John was here and had to drive over the mountain, or around it, or maybe through it, but he was here. He lives closest to me actually....just on the other side of that mountain...about 1.5 hours away. Unfortunately, it took everyone else about twice that time to get here. Thank you, Jim!

I know I wouldn't have wanted to make the drive back to Orange County for Thanksgiving, so I was very pleased and surprised (not to mention Thankful!) when Jim suggested having dinner here. I loved having everyone here...wish I'd thought to take pictures! What a dunce I am. The pictures I have are compliments of Jim, so naturally he's not in any of them. Thank you, again, Jim.


The rest of the weekend I lazed around with the furkids watching HGTV. It was cold inside. Outside it was a beautiful 70+ degrees, but inside it felt like 60.....brrr! I took advantage of the cool days, (yes, 70+ degrees is cool!), stayed in sweats, cleaning and putting away my fall decorations. Then I pulled all the crap out of my closet that I'd hidden in there before company came....and started sorting through it again. I've been here for 3 months and I'm still organizing....but I'm trying to do a better job than I would normally do. I sorted through years of scrapbooking magazines and craft supplies in my front closet. It looks great now....my own little craft closet.


I love scrapbooking. I love the paper, and the embellishments, and putting everything together to make a great layout..... I just don't do it often enough. I haven't scrapped a page in almost a year....and I'm getting antsy to get back to it and send some pages to Gina as well. I have a gazillion pictures from years back that I'd like to scrap someday.....what a job that would be....It would be fun to condense them though, into something more memorable than a cardboard box.