Wednesday, November 14, 2007

This ain't too bad...


I'm sitting on my balcony overlooking the pool and watching Frasier track down a cricket that's chirping away in the corner behind my ficus tree. (I think he got it!) It's warm and peaceful, even with the sound of voices coming from the pool area.

I really loved living in Huntington Beach...(not to be confused with living "at" the beach), but it's overcast a lot and pretty cold...not like the weather most people think of when they think of California. At least not what I think of. I think of being warm like I was when I first moved out here in 1980. I guess I was younger then. Well, I'll pay for all this wonderful weather next summer when I have to live through 3 months at 100+ degrees.


My Bougainvilla is blooming. It was one of the first plants I bought when I moved here, hoping that I might be able to keep it in bloom even though I have no direct sun. The blooms that were on it two months ago when I bought it are still there, and now it has new blooms! I'm so stoked. Yay!




And my white Bougainvilla that dropped all of its flowers is beginning to bloom....

Hummingbirds, flowers, cats at my feet...

I really love the simple things in life.