Wednesday, March 14, 2012

What's in a Name?


AJ asked what the new kitty's name was, but the truth of the matter is that I don't know. Is it a big deal to a dog or a cat what their name is? If I listen carefully will she really TELL me what it is? Or is it the name she came with?

Lola is the name she came with and I don't care for that name. My girl is too small and delicate to be a Lola. How about Chelsea? I thought for sure it was Chelsea! For a day. Than I played around with the name Lola and made it Lily. Great name! The same name as a good internet friend who just happens to be Queen Lily. Well, my girl is quite a princess, so that seemed fitting, but it still didn't roll off my tongue as I think a name should. Like Frasier or Magnum. Those names were perfect for my boys, but I just can't seem to find one for this little gem.

I wonder what she would think of Callie. Isn't that the name of a character on CSI? I can't stand that character...lol! She's such a contradiction with that long blond hair and sweet southern accent, all lady like you know? Then she struts around with a gun on her hip and kicks butt...totally unbelievable. Just like snickers here. She's all lovey dovey and nothing but sweetness until she lunges at your ankles. We'll give it a shot and see what happens. Just don't tell anyone I've changed it again...people are starting to give me odd looks when I correct them. It might be best to wait a while.