Tuesday, June 28, 2011

She Art Class with Christy Tomlinson


I've been taking Christy Tomlinson's She Art class and I LOVE it! It's so much fun, and Christy is so entertaining and so cute to watch! She talks to her "she art" girls the way I talk to my cat.....(makes me feel right at home)! I just kicked back and watched all of the videos from beginning to end because I enjoyed them so much! On my second viewing I started to make a background, not on canvas, but on watercolor paper cut to 6"x12". I really didn't want to ruin a perfectly good $3.00 canvas :-)

I'm such a coward that it took me all week just to finish the background! Honest! I'd paint a little and leave it. Stamp and leave it. Stamp again and leave it. You'd think I was working on a life sized painting or something. What a wuss. Then I got completely carried away with the rub-ons but she's still pretty darn cute. I even gave her lots of hair and some flowers and bell bottoms, because she wanted to be a flower girl when she was younger. Hope you like her...I'm working on another one now!