Sunday, March 8, 2009

You in 52 - Week 9



November 22, 1963 was a day that challenged everything I believed in. My world was shattered, not for a day, but for endless days of grieving and sorrow, disbelief and painful realities.

I was 16, a high school student. We had a President that was young, someone we could relate to. It didn't really matter so much back then if you were Democrat or Republican, once the President was elected, he was everyone's president. He challenged us, he gave us hope and he made us proud. He was respected, looked up to, revered and guarded...until that day.

I don't think I can describe the sense of loss that I felt, the emotional turmoil that left me looking for answers for years afterward. Little did I know that this was only the beginning....I would blink twice more before I turned 21.