Thursday, December 5, 2013

Dina Wakley Workshop

I took a class with Dina Wakley in November and learned how to draw a face! I was so happy and excited about it that I could have left my car in the parking lot and flew home. Mind you, it's not a perfect face, but it Is a face. There were so many talented gals in that room, and I sat between two of them. I thought I would die of embarrassment, but I learned so much from them it was incredible. I don't think I'll ever practice enough to be as good as they are, but I will practice and improve because Dina is a fantastic teacher!

This is the best possible face I could draw when I walked into that room. Really.


And this is what I drew at the end of the day. Bravo!

I've hardly put in any practice lately and it shows. Two out of three drawings pretty much suck. But when I end up with something that looks like a face, I'm a happy girl!


This one's not too good.


This one's not so good either.

This is more like it!
I think she's kind of cute!