Saturday, July 28, 2012

Altered Canvas


Finally! After making a mess out of a beautiful background, I started over and ended up scrapbooking the canvas. I'm pretty satisfied with it now. I love the vintage look and this will fit in nicely.
 
I actually started with Prima Printery paper as a background that I intended to journal on. Scrapbooking wasn't really what I'd planned, but nothing was coming out right. Enter Gesso! I gessoed the canvas thoroughly and let it sit to dry....for a month! This time I used a vintage tag I made for a swap and an image I picked up from Roxycar's site. The grandfather clock in the upper left corner, and the stamped lady in the lower right are from Roxy also. Little gifts she added to a purchase I made, and so perfect for me!
 
The background is Dylusions Ink Spray over gessoed Prima Printery, I added some Webster's paper and the large 12x12 sheet is from K and Co that I bought about 6 years ago! I was saving it for something special and I'm glad I did! I'm so happy with this piece!