Thursday, June 28, 2012

Faux Mail Art

Another swap at Your Paper Pantry, this one was for Mail Art. The theme (why a theme? Sometimes I really hate themes) was "gone postal" so I used a bunch of images from the internet and no real "art" at all. The first group I made was done on white envelopes, and they came out looking really cute...until I grunged them. It must have been late at night, in the dark, without my glasses, because in the light of day they looked horrid! Recreating them on regular brown envelopes certainly didn't improve things. I didn't feel very creative on this round.

On a happier note... I ordered some Dylusions ink sprays by Ranger, and I LOVE them! The colors are SO Vibrant! SO bright and cheery! It's remarkable stuff. You can ghost images into the ink just by using water...very cool. Watch a video from Ranger, or Dyan Reaveley and you'll see why I love these sprays! I plan on playing all weekend with these beautiful colors, some stencils and stamps, and hope I actually journal a page or two!