Saturday, September 12, 2009

Okay, Erika, the blogging begins!

I'm back! Yay!!! Would you believe I'm still putting things away? Depending on which door/drawer you open, you'll find that I'm extremely organized or a terrrible mess. But I'm getting there, and I'm working on organizing my scrapcrap. Since I moved into a unit with a different floor plan than I had previously seen, my options for a scrap area changed drastically. I had to choose between a balcony or a wall to build a scrap area on...ack! I chose the balcony, and that was the first thing I set up to make my new place feel like home.


Just a small start to see how things grow here. I'm facing West....ugh. Shade all day until the afternoon when the sun beats down with the intensity of the desert heat...heat that I just moved away from. Unbelievable.

I'm used to having my scrapcrap crammed into small spaces so a scrap closet will work fine for me. Will I miss the scrapwall I had built in my mind's eye? Yep, but I'll get over it. I bought a nice kitchen island from Penney's that holds a ton of stuff. It has a drop leaf that extends the counter top to 25", I love it!

My nephew put this together for me yesterday and I'll be loading it with supplies today. Not a bad deal for $199.

I've been catching up on my blog reading this week. You guys have been busy!!!
It's good to see that everyone is still out there. I get so attached to the people that I think they're family. I mean, Ali Edwards' baby is 7 months old already....where'd the time go? (Gosh, have you seen how cute she is? And Simon is so adorable, he's going to be one handsome guy.)

Be back later, I'm off to conquer the scrapcrap!